Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sunday Afternoon 1:14 pm 10th August 2008

Alright, I managed to rest a bit yesterday morning and noon. Then I was lured out to play some basketball at the evening. :) There wasn't really much match play yesterday, so it was just sit around and talk section.

Anyway, I want to train myself to be a forward rather than a center. More than anything really.

Polar's gathering yesterday was quite quiet for me. I was sitting alone playing my laptop? :) Not that I really mind. Perhaps I'm just used to be alone.

Basketball match on Olympic games. Iran VS Russia. Man, it really isn't anything like NBA. Russia owned in the first quarter, almost getting a lead of 15 points when it ended at 24-10. It looks like Iran is the underdog, and considerably bleak for Iran. But in the 2nd and 3rd quarter, Russia screwed up on their offense and defense. They changed their defensive formation to 1-to-1 which offered lots of opportunities for Iran players which were stronger under the basket.

Iran closed in the differences to only 8 points. In the last quarter, the pace of the game picks up. Iran started to bombard the defenses with 3-pointers and quick lay-ups. It was doing well till Russia went back to their formation defenses at 2:1:2. They managed to stop Iran's quick offenses and rebounds and managed to retaliate with a couple of quick 3 pointers.

By the last 2 mins, Russia had already managed to pull the score difference to 20 points. I was expecting more from the Olympic games though. It was the preliminary round, I guess.

I really want to play basketball again. :)

- and I really need sleep. geee.

See ya.

[ I'm still waiting ]

No comments: